1. What are cookies?
Cookies are little data- or text files that are placed on your local computer by websites and application. These cookies can have different objectives: you can have technical cookies (for example with language settings), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that monitor and track your behavior, to offer you a more optimal user experience this way).
The Belgium law concerning the electronic communication contains some provisions about cookies, and their use in websites. The Belgium implementation is derived from the European e-Privacy directive, what implies that the cookie user and the cookie legislation in each European country are regulated differently. ZEE is an online-commerce platform that mainly focuses on the Belgium market and therefore follows the Belgium interpretation.
2. What use do these cookies have?
If you want to consult the website of ZEE, enabling the cookies is recommended. Without the cookies being enabled, it is possible that we are not able to guarantee you a problem free visit of the website. If you rather not use these cookies, you are free to disable the cookies (see also the title “How can I manage my cookies?”).
3. How can I manage my cookies?
Ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser. To enable cookies, you need to perform the following instructions:
With browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click on 'internet tools' in the menu 'extra'
- Click the privacy tab and move the button to 'low' or 'accept all cookies' (the setting above 'medium' switches off the cookies)
- Click 'OK'
With browser - Mozilla Firefox
- Click on 'Firefox' in the corner at the top on the left
- Click on 'Options'
- Click the privacy tab and ensure you didn't click on the button 'Let websites know I do not want te be followed'
- Click on 'OK'
With browser - Google Chrome
- Click on ‘Extra’ at the top of your browser screen and choose ‘Options’.
- Click on the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, search for the ‘Privacy’ and select the button ‘Content settings'
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’.
With browser - Safari
- Choose ‘Preferences’ in the command menu (The command menu is located at the top at the right corner in the Safari-window and it looks like a gear-wheel or click on ‘Safar’ in the extensive menu)
- Click on the Privacy tab. Search for the section named ‘Cookies and other website data'
- Confirm the transaction and wait for the confirmation that all of the cookies are deleted.